An accidental cook indeed!

I know someone's going to ask about the name of my blog. Well, here's the 411. I am a fat girl. Now that we have that out of the way. I'm a confident fat girl. I wanted a blog that celebrated my life and culinary adventures. My size is a part of my life...ergo the name of my blog :)


Now, on to the what this blog is about. Cooking was never something I enjoyed during my teenage years. It felt more like a chore and the more it felt like a chore, the more I resented having to cook.

Fast forward to the last year or so. I've grown to really enjoy cooking. Instead of wanting to spend hours at the mall searching for the perfect pair of heels, *giggle* I'd rather spend hours at Williams-Sonoma or at Central Market.

I want to try new recipes...and try to craft my own eventually. This blog is to document my progress. I don't fancy myself a writer or photographer, but I'm going to give it my best shot!

Monday, December 14, 2009

Here we go again!

I tried this whole blog writing thing about 3 years ago. Needless to say, it didn't pan out well. Why am I back? Well, I find myself being drawn to cooking, baking and *gasp* crafting. If you know me at all, you know that those three things and I really don't get along.

I'm hoping to change that. I'm enjoying cooking, baking and crafting more and more. This blog will be a place for me to showcase my efforts.

An accidental cook? Well, it could refer to my ever present hiccups in the kitchen. It never fails and doesn't matter what I'm making. I make a whoops almost every. single. time. It could also refer to the fact that I got back into cooking quite accidentally. Who knew that I could make things that others would enjoy? Not I said the fat girl.

I hope you enjoy my many domestic adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment